- It is with great sadness we report the death of Hubert Mitson who died suddenly at home on January 20th 2019. Hubert was instrumental in setting up the Buxhall Village Hall trust with the object of improving conditions of life for residents of the village and in 1962 was a signatory on the Buxhall Village Hall Trust Deed. He became chairman of the village hall committee at the age of 80 steering the development and refurbishment of the hall. He stayed in that post for 16 years before relinquishing the role because of failing eyesight, although remaining an active Trustee until his death. He is greatly missed.
- Members of Buxhall Village Hall Management Committee are saddened to report the passing of our dear friend Jill Reed. Jill was a very active representative trustee for many years. She was much loved by all who knew and worked with her throughout her time on the village hall committee as well as her involvement in her other charitable works which she passionately enjoyed. Her wise counsel, enthusiasm and concern for Buxhall and the village hall will be greatly missed.
Trustees for 2019 are:
- Keith Proctor - Chair
- Trevor Taylor - Vice Chair and Treasurer
- Arthur Hicks - Secretary 01449 737476
- Hilary Hall
- Betty Steed
- Sarah Clark
- Mim Proctor Booking Secretary 01449 736598
- Christopher Hall - Buxhall Parish Council
- Valerie Lord - Buxhall Women's Institute
- Denise King-FHOBS Lunch Club